my experience designing, opening, and running it was hard at first and I didn’t like it one bit but some stuff I like.
- we had to figure out what was going to be on the menu. Then we budget our food and veggies.
- then we went talk to the owner of roux carre and ask them cane we rent out a space then
- we bought the ingredients and then we prepped after we had the soft opening for LTD a lot of people came to supported us
- in order to get people to come out we had to blog and post and post fliers and get people informed that we where out there here is our pop up 4 day restaurant our first day was kinda slow and crazy but our second day we had it down pack we had all our food prep and ready to be order.
. 1 corduroy (bread fruit) little ( or half of a large)
. 2 cups (474 ml) water
. salt and pepper to taste
. 3 garlic cloves finely crushed
. 1/2 cups (113.4 ml) olive oil
. 1 large onion sliced
. 1 cda (15 ml) sofrito
. 1/2 tsp oregano (2.5 ml)
. 1/2 cup (2oz/56.7) white balsamic vinegar
. 1/2 cup (2oz/56.7 ml) apple vinager
.1/4 cup (2oz/56.7 ml) white cooking wine
. 1/2 lemon juice
- Peel the fruit and remove the porous part of the center and cut into slices. Put in to boil in two cups of water with salt and a clove of garlic for about 15 minutes or until it is soft remove from the water .
- While the fruit is cooking in a large hot oil pan, add the remaining garlic, onion, sofrito and oregano. Saute for about 3 minutes occasionally moving so that it does not burn. Add the rest of the ingredients. Try salt and pepper.
- Taste salt and peppercorns slice corduroy in three to four pieces each. Add the oil and vinegar mixture. Mix well until all the pieces are soaked with oil and vinegar
Recipe found in: De la Tierra con Sabor by Erisbelia Garringa
When we have parties, holidays, and get-togethers, my auntie, my mom, my grandmother, my cousin, and I cook stuffed bell peppers and baked mac and cheese. Because it was so hard to decide whether or not to cook mac and cheese or stuffed bell peppers, we just made both of the cuisines into one whole dish.
We cook at either my auntieś house or my house. She say’s it’s a secret recipe and to take it to my grave. Our mac and cheese tastes sooooo good. It tastes like heaven with all the different types of cheeses along with the soft spaghetti and the spicy bell pepper with the jumbo shrimp
the class and the teachers took our field trip to see different types of foods and to see how fresh there product is. we went to Ideal market the first week of school, whole foods market 3 weeks later. Ideal market is fresh grown food store where most of there product ifs fresh it targets Latin Americans cultures and community on the other hand whole food store its similar but most of there food is organic, I like Ideal market better because it cultures I like different stuff and Whole foods just a plain store and there food wasnt all that good.
when we arrived at Ideal market it look very colorful you see different veggies, bread, fruit, different ethnic foods, meats, and spices. By the Ideal market being Latin American store ,most of the food was in Spanish language. we weren’t able to pronounce Ms. Lugo was helping us say them.
This is your very first post. Click the Edit link to modify or delete it, or start a new post. If you like, use this post to tell readers why you started this blog and what you plan to do with it.